Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

911 Tribute by Local High School Student

In Case You Come Home
By Shelby G. from BRHS

It’s been ten years,
Since I hugged you last,
I can still hear mom’s shout,
Her sad tears ran fast,
She fell to the ground and pulled me close,
I still leave the porch light on, in case you come home

I brought your cracked red helmet
To “show and tell” every week,
Each time I shared my teacher got upset,
I’d say you were a firefighter, best daddy you’d ever meet,
I’d feel the helmet’s dents and explain where they’re from,
I still leave the porch light on, in case you come home

You see, a tower was hit by a plane,
And my dad was sent to tower number two,
He was helping evacuate, to keep people from pain,
But a big plane came, and into his tower it flew,
I watched it on the TV, where it was being shown,
I still leave the porch light on, in case you come home.

I know you’re in an amazing place,
And you did me and our country proud,
But I miss you and still find tears on my face,
It’s been ten, long, hard years now,
Since I hugged you last, and I still love you the most,
I will forever keep the porch light on, to remind me that you’re home.



No comments:

Post a Comment